· Assign call numbers and maintain files for new recordings.
· Open boxes and input scores and recordings into the library’s computer system.
· Take inventory of supplies.
· Xerox as needed.
· Conduct library sales.
· Take timecards to Controller’s office.
· Special projects as needed.
· Ability to handle meticulous and detailed work independently and with accuracy.
· Good keyboarding skills (accuracy is more important than speed).
· Ability to lift an occasional box weighing 35-40 lbs.
· Reliability and punctuality.
· Background in music highly desirable.
· Reading knowledge of foreign language highly desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must include Conservatory Library Supplement to Application for Student Employment in order to be considered. Forms are available from the Conservatory Library Circulation Desk and here.
APPLICANTS WITH FINANCIAL AID JOB AWARDS ARE PREFERRED
Oberlin College Library actively seeks a diverse student staff, and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Paid training (2-3 hours per week) to begin in April at $7.05 per hour. Beginning fall semester, the position will be 6-8 hours per week.