Student Assistant for Jazz Collections
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday Dec 12, 2011
START DATE: winter term or spring semester
HOURS: minimum of 6 hours/week. More can be assigned.
PAY RATE: $7.70/hour
- Assist with inventorying and digitizing the recently-arrived Neumann jazz collection (ca. 40,000 LPs, ca. 5,000 78s, and hundreds of jazz and blues periodicals).
- Special projects as needed.
- Willingness to ask questions, to continue learning and growing with the job, and to accept increasing responsibility.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Favorable references.
- Ability to handle meticulous and detailed work independently and with accuracy. A short proofreading test will be given at time of interview.
- Knowledge of jazz and/or recording technologies desirable.
- Familiarity with word processing, data entry, and spreadsheet development desirable.
Applications are available at the Conservatory Library Circulation Desk.
Leave completed applications (attn. Jeremy Smith) in the box marked “Completed Applications.”
Questions? Contact Jeremy Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 775-5181
Oberlin College Library actively seeks a diverse student staff.
Oberlin College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer